If you’ve been driving around in Killeen or Temple, chances are you’ve seen some billboards advertising companies that buy houses. Or maybe signs on telephone poles?
Often times they say things like “We buy Ugly Houses”, “We Buy Killeen Houses!” or “Cash For Your House Fast”.
Are These “We Buy Ugly Houses Companies” Credible?
Are you looking for a local house buying company but wondering how to know if they are credible and honest? At Liberty Home Buyers, we understand that buying and selling houses is a valid profession that can benefit communities and house sellers. However, just like any other line of work, a minority of house buyers can make the rest look bad. In this post, we will guide you through what reputable house buyers are doing, how to find an honest local house buyer, and how to avoid the shady operators.
What Reputable House Buyers Are Doing in Killeen
At Liberty Home Buyers, we help folks improve their lives by providing the money they need right away. Most of the sellers we work with have a house that is a burden and simply can’t be easily sold by conventional methods. Often the homes we buy are in rough shape or have tricky legal situations that must be navigated. Sometimes folks just don’t want to deal with a house after divorce or a loved one passes and want to move on quickly.
We can make that happen in just a few days, you can sell my house fast in Killeen and best of all we deliver peace of mind. We also help sellers get rid of a burdensome property without the hassle of having to list it with a broker and wait months and months for a sale, going through repairs and negotiations.
Our investments help create real jobs for people around Central Texas. We hire plumbers, contractors, electricians, brokers, title reps, loan officers, administrators, and many other folks along the way.
FUN FACT!!! The average real estate transaction involves 86 people from start to finish. We also spend tons of money on materials at local stores. When we improve a house, we’re helping to increase the value of the entire community.
The coolest thing is we often repair abandoned and neglected houses, turning them into beautiful homes for families. That activity strengthens our community. We also give homes a second life by rejuvenating them and bringing them back to life for a new family. We have brought back a few houses that were just a few years away from being unsalvageable and that feels pretty awesome!
How to Ensure You’re Working With A Reputable Local House Buyer
When you talk with a local house buyer like Liberty Home Buyers to potentially buy your house, ask them open-ended questions to ensure they’re reputable, knowledgeable, and honest. Some of these questions I would ask would be:
- How do you help your clients decide the best options? Do you help them even when you can’t buy the house?
- Can you give at least three recent references?
- What aspect of your business makes you the proudest?
- How would you describe your investment philosophy?
- How long have you been in business?
- How can I know that you’ll close on my house when you say you will? What security will I have?
Secondly, look for tell-tale signs of tactics that those few shady operators tend to use.
- “Kitchen table closings”: If a property buyer tries to get you to sign the deed (ownership) of your house over to them at your house, rather than a professional place like a closing attorney or title company, be leery. Most reputable house buying services will perform the actual closing of the sale at a neutral 3rd party place, like a title company. This ensures everything is done right and on the up and up.
- Pressuring you into a fast closing: If a house buyer tries to pressure you into selling your house and says that you have to make the decision today, be leery. Most reputable house buying services will make you an offer, and that offer will be on the table for at least 2-7 days (minimum) for you to make a decision. The reason reputable house buying services like Liberty Home Buyers do place deadlines on our offers is that the market changes and values can change week to week depending on other sales in the area. We buy multiple houses a month, and when we make you an offer, we’re assuring you that the cash to purchase