Are you looking to sell a house in the Bell county area, or anywhere in Texas? Maybe you have considered working with Liberty but also want to get the best price? Then this blog post will answer the question, “Would an investor buy my house in Killeen for close to asking price?” Keep reading to find out the answer…
First, just to set the stage, when it comes to selling your house, you have a couple of options:
- You can sell it “traditionally” on the market by stating your asking price and then working with an agent to try and find a buyer
- You can try to go the “Fore Sale By Owner” route, although I do not personally recommend it.
- You can skip the “sell-on-the-market” process and just work with a buyer directly, like Liberty Home Buyers, and get a no obligation offer and some free advice.
Understanding The Liberty Offer
For the sake of brevity, I will skip how the traditional offer works but if you would like some info check out our post here.
So lets say you have an idea of what you want for your house. You’ve scoured Zillow, maybe talked to an agent… and maybe made up a number in your head… hey we all do it! Your asking price is a good starting point for the negotiation and personally, I think you should share that info. It lets everybody know where they are at and can save both you and the potential buyer a lot of time if you are just going to be waaaaay off. Think of it this way, you wouldn’t list it without a price, right?!
But here’s what most people don’t realize: any asking price has other factors built in. For instance:
- Taxes (not a big deal if you are living there but it’s vacant it can add up)
- Repairs (before listing)
- Repair Concessions(the buyer ALWAYS asks for repairs)
- Commissions (6 percent of sale price, standard… do not use discount brokers!!!!!!)
- Closing Costs (anticipate $1500 in a sellers market and $2500 in a buyers market)
So your asking price has all of these things “built into it”. If you don’t make repairs, well this gets built in for you at some point. If not in the asking price then certainly in the offers… or lack thereof!
An Investor Skips All This
When you work with Liberty Home Buyers, you actually skip all of this. You don’t have to fix up or clean up your house so you can save thousands of dollars there. And, you don’t have to pay bills, taxes, and insurance for months while you wait for a buyer to be found, so you save thousands of dollars there. And, you don’t have to pay a commission because no agent was used, so you save thousands of dollars there.
The “downside” to this is that we do factor all of this in up front. The question is, do you want to pay for the repairs, etc up front or let someone else take care of them? I know wha I would do 🙂
Selling to an investor allows you to sell faster and avoid all those expenses. That’s why an investor might not be able to buy a house near your asking your price. However, the discount you might provide them is money you wouldn’t see anyway while you wait months and “gamble” to sell your house on the open market.